The Role of Churches and Faith-Based Organisations in Fighting Trafficking in Human Beings: Catholic Initiatives
The Santa Marta Group and the Commission of Bishops' Conferences of the European Union (COMECE) invite you to the conference, The Role of Churches and Faith-Based Organisations in Fighting Trafficking in Human Beings: Catholic Initiatives.
The conference will be held at the European Parliament in Brussels on Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 10:00-12:00 CET and will be hosted by Spanish MEP Juan Ignacio Zoido Álvarez.
This event aims to foster dialogue and collaboration in the fight against human trafficking, as well as discover the invaluable insights and experiences of Catholic actors in combating this heinous crime both in Europe and around the globe.
Key speakers include:
- Rev. William Kenney CP, Auxiliary Bishop Em. of Birmingham, member of the International Affairs Group of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England & Wales, and member of the Santa Marta Group;
- H.E. Mgr. Noël Treanor, Apostolic Nuncio to the European Union;
- Kevin Hyland, Strategic Director of the Santa Marta Group;
- Ivonne van de Kar, Co-President of RENATE (Religious in Europe Networking Against Trafficking and Exploitation);
- Fr. Patrick Gillard OP, Founder of SAWA, Belgium;
- José Luis Bazán, COMECE Adviser on Migration, Asylum and Freedom of Religion outside the European Union.
For more information, please visit: EVENT | Join us in the Fight Against Human Trafficking! - The Catholic Church in the European Union (comece.eu)